December 29, 2017
Generally, a dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap”, placed over a tooth in order to cover the tooth for restoration of its shape and size as well as strength, and to improve its appearance. When the crowns are cemented into place, they completely enclose the intact visible portion of a tooth lying at and above the gum line.
In particular, a dental crown for adults and children may be needed in the following situations –
- In order to protect a weak tooth from decaying and other sources, even from breaking or for holding together parts of a cracked tooth.
- It can also be used to restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been relentlessly worn down.
- A dental crown also covers and supports a tooth with a large filling that to when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- In addition to this, it can also hold a dental bridge in place and can cover a misshapen or severely discolored tooth.
- Not only this, you can also prefer a dental crown for covering a dental implant and to make a cosmetic modification.
Therefore, you can avoid these worse situations with a dental crown. But, you need to find a reliable dentist to make this possible. In Traid NC, Dr. Judy A. Walker owns the most recognized and established cosmetic dental center and uses the most innovative technology in her treatment. She specializes in dental crowns and bridges and offers excellent tooth colored fillings.
In addition to this, she offers other exemplary dental services such as dental cleanings & examinations, dentures, immediate whitening with ZOOM gel, patient examination with intra oral cameras, digital X-Rays, all porcelain veneers, dental restorative treatment, restorative dentistry services and preventive dentistry.
To get more information about Dr. Judy A. Walker and her services, visit http://www.judywalkerdds.com/.